Terms and Conditions of Bookings
- Bookings and payments purchase the right to be a guest within an Abodebed apartment for and not exceeding the agreed number of nights specified in the booking confirmation. Acceptance of our Terms and Conditions are implied and activated upon booking confirmation, by payment of a deposit or full balance and/or entry to stay in one or more of our apartments.
- Non-Creation of a Tenancy
- Neither the Client nor guests have exclusive access to the apartment(s), and those authorised by Abodebed Limited, have the right of access to the apartment at all reasonable times (but at all times in cases of emergency) without notice being given to the Client or guests.
- The apartment is only to be used as temporary or holiday accommodation only and does not create a tenancy of the apartment periodic or otherwise and no relationship of Landlord and Tenant is created between Abodebed Limited and the Client and their guests.
- These terms and conditions constitute an excluded agreement under section 3A(7)(a) of the Protection from Eviction Act 1977 (as amended). They cannot be construed as an assured tenancy under the Housing Act 1988 as amended.
- Guests are required to provide full name, address and contact details prior to receipt of apartment keys. Photographic identification (ID) may be requested either prior to or on arrival. For visitors from outside the UK, this should be a passport. For UK residents, this should be one form of photographic ID (driving license, or if driving licence is not available, another form of photographic ID, e.g. passport and one document (which must be either a utility bill, council tax bill or bank document) for proof of address. Please note that when payment for the booking is by debit/credit card, photographic ID and proof of address to match the payment card used must be provided if requested. The management reserves the right to refuse to proceed with a booking at any time including time of arrival, with no refund if no satisfactory ID to match payment card can be provided.
- Only guests who are named on the booking may reside in an Abodebed apartment. Guests are not permitted to invite non-guests to stay overnight in an Abodebed apartment. Additional guests must be registered and there will be an additional £25 fee charge per guest per night. Note: It is forbidden to leave non-registered guests alone in the apartment. If no registered guests are present, non–registered guests will be asked to leave. The management reserve the right to immediately terminate the booking with no refund in such circumstances.
- There is no confirmed reservation until a deposit is accepted with the relevant guest registration details. The minimum deposit will be 25% of the total rental charge or of one month’s rent for longer booking periods. The balance must be paid at least 4 weeks prior to arrival. For bookings with less than 4 weeks to arrival, the full balance must be paid with the booking. VAT where applicable is included in the prices shown at the standard rate at the time of going to print. Abodebed reserves the right to adjust this should legislation require.
- Intermediary bookings: where a booking is made via an intermediary (booking agent or other), and where payment is collected from the booker by the intermediary, Abodebed Ltd reserve the right (if the guest is already in residence) to terminate the booking with a minimum of 24 hours’ notice to vacate our apartment in the circumstance where the intermediary enters administration or if the payment is late by 21 days or more.
- Abodebed reserves the right to refuse any booking without stating a reason or to cancel, modify or alter arrangements made by the guest. In the unlikely event that the accommodation ceases to be available for the period of the booking, then Abodebed shall try to arrange alternative accommodation and if this is not acceptable to the guest, all monies paid shall be refunded to the guest in full, and the liability of Abodebed shall then cease.
- Abodebed reserves the right to refuse admission to any guest who has a booking if there are concerns about the security of its properties or safety of its staff and that of any sub-contractors.
- Guests are expressly forbidden from using the address of any Abodebed apartment to obtain goods or for use with a credit agreement of any kind.*
- Inappropriate use*: if we discover an apartment is being used for a party, escorting (selling of “adult” services), drug-taking or any other illegal/inappropriate activity, the booking will be terminated immediately with no refund. Be aware that we carefully monitor for these activities so guests who are intending such usage are recommended to save their money and not proceed.
- Security / Damage Deposit
- The Guest is responsible for taking all reasonable care of the apartment, its fixtures and fittings and its contents. The Guest agrees to keep the accommodation in the same state of repair and conditions as at the commencement of the stay. We reserve the right to charge a security/damage deposit of a minimum of £200 per apartment to cover against loss and/or damage to the apartment, its fixtures and fittings and contents, for example but not limited to damage caused by negligence or deliberate act of vandalism by the Guest or their party, additional cleaning costs due to the apartment being left in an unacceptable state, excessive electricity usage, and breaches to regulations such as smoking in the apartment or causing any disturbance to other residents. The apartments are forbidden to be used for parties or other non-residential activity without prior agreement.
- Deposits may also be used by Abodebed Management in the event of unauthorised extra guests using the apartment and facilities, the loss of keys or parking permits or unauthorised removal of items from one apartment to another, for example but not limited to bedding, towels, linens and kitchen equipment.
- We recommend that all Guests review equipment/condition with the Abodebed representative at the time of check-in. We will accept notification of damage found as pre-existing within the initial 24-hour period following the Guest’s arrival. Should the damage come to light after the Guest’s departure, we reserve the right to charge the card details provided upon arrival. Where the Guest denies responsibility for the reported loss/damage, we will accept the word of our staff as binding and the appropriate level of compensation will be deducted from the deposit. Guests should note that where appropriate, charges for damage will include a charge for the apartment being out of service while any remedial work takes place.
- Cancellation Policy If you change your mind, you can cancel your booking and receive a full refund within 24 hours of making your booking. Simply call or email us with your reservation number. Thereafter, if you wish to cancel, we will refund whatever you have paid up to that date, subject to our ability to re-let the property over your dates and subject to an administration fee of £25. Payments made for discounted bookings are non-refundable unless an exception is agreed by Abodebed Management in writing at the time of booking. No-shows are non-refundable. NB: Guests are advised to ensure they have adequate travel insurance cover for any loss due to cancellation.
- Possessions The proprietor(s) are not liable for the theft of or damage to any property left in an Abodebed apartment or in the car park. Guests must ensure that apartment doors and windows are securely locked when they are out. Guests are responsible for the security of any vehicles they park in the car park. Guests are recommended to ensure they are covered by a valid travel insurance policy.
- Use of car park Guests who require parking onsite are required to request this in advance. Parking is permitted only in a designated Abodebed parking bay. The proprietor(s) are not liable for any parking fines incurred due to parking in non-designated spaces. One space per apartment is provided free of charge as part of the guests booking. Additional spaces can be provided, subject to availability and by prior agreement with Abodebed Management. Additional parking fee applies.
- Check-in/Check-out: Check-in is from 2pm and check-out is by 10am. Earlier check-in or later check-out times can only apply with express prior approval by Abodebed Management.
- General: Abodebed Ltd operates a policy of continuous improvement and reserves the right to change/move furniture in all apartments. As such, whilst we make every effort to ensure accuracy and currency of all photographs, changes to furnishings may not be reflected in photographs displayed on this website.
- COVID-19: In line with government legislation, we have enhanced the cleaning and upkeep of all our apartments to prevent the contraction or spread of COVID-19. Whilst we are doing all we can to look after and support our guests, Abodebed Limited cannot in any way accept any responsibility should any guest contract Covid-19 or any other virus/illness during the duration of their stay within an Abodebed apartment, given that we have no control over who guests may come in to contact with, either within or without the apartment.
* The proprietor reserves the right to terminate residency without refund if either of these terms is broken.
This agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales.
Please click on the attachment below to view our full terms and conditions
Abode Terms and Conditions